As your trusted biological and holistic dentists in Wilmington, we’re here to help and educate you about how to properly care for your smile so that it will last a lifetime. Check out some of these tips and tricks to keep your teeth free from harmful bacteria and cavities.
Tooth decay doesn’t discriminate. It can happen to anyone at any age. Tooth decay is the most significant disease that affects American children. One of the biggest ways to ward off decay (besides seeing your dentist regularly) is to make sure you’re brushing like a boss. Here are a few tips courtesy of your Wilmington holistic and biological dentists and MouthHealthy.org:
– 1) Toothbrushes should always be used at a 45-degree angle to your gums
– 2) Move the brush gently, in small circles
– 3) Make sure you get all of the outer, inner, and chewing surfaces of your teeth
– 4) Brushing your front teeth is easy when you do it vertically with short, up and down strokes
– 5) Give your tongue a brush too, it helps to remove bacteria and freshen your breath
– 6) Remember to brush for two minutes, twice a day
Over time, your teeth might begin to wear or even break down due to this exposure and dental decay (the most significant cause of tooth damage and the most common disease found in humans.) Dental plaque is the biggest cause of tooth decay.
Your holistic and biological dentists in Wilmington use minimally invasive restorative dentistry when your teeth need to be rebuilt. He can use a combination of direct or indirect restorative materials. He’ll be on the lookout for some of these conditions in your mouth that will benefit from restorative dental care:
– Cavities or decay
– Old, failing fillings
– Worn down teeth from grinding and clenching
– Eroded enamel and tooth structure due to acids in our body and foods
– Fillings that are too large for your teeth
– Cracked, broken teeth and fillings
Call us today for a comprehensive checkup at our Wilmington holistic and biological dental office. We are always available to speak with you and welcome new smiles to join our ever-growing family of satisfied patients.
It all adds up to better health, smile, body, and spirit!